HYTAC®-XTL is the first material to combine the machined surface quality of an epoxy syntactic with the durability and dust free machining of a thermoplastic syntactic foam. Thermoformers and toolmakers report excellent performance when using XTL for plug assist.
HYTAC®-XTL was developed to offer an improved surface quality after machining when compared to our popular HYTAC-B1X. This is particularly important when working with sticky or transparent plastics due to the challenge of polishing any thermoplastic syntactic material.
In addition to enhanced surface quality, HYTAC®-XTL has these outstanding attributes:
- The highest toughness ratings for any syntactic foam
- Superb machinability with no dust
- Excellent where edge definition and detail are required
- Low thermal conductivity
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Excellent material distribution
CMT Materials will be promoting its new line of XTL thermoplastic syntactic foam at several major tradeshows this year including Chinaplas in May, SPE Thermoforming Conference in September and K in October.